Are You Thinking About That Upgrade To Windows 10 For Free?
Microsoft announced its free upgrade to Windows users, and you were allowed to upgrade for free anytime before 29 July 2016.
However, if you missed that deadline and you’re still thinking about upgrading to Windows 10, you’re in the right place.
The free upgrade is surprisingly still available if you need assistive technologies.
Assistive technologies are for users who are impaired with hearing or sight, such as hearing impairments in need for computer narration, to have the text read aloud or text magnification.
If you have your computer still running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you’re in luck; you’ll be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free.
You’ll be able to upgrade by going through their websites accessibility page, and by clicking the Upgrade Now button.
From there on you’ll be able to download the Windows 10 upgrade app. Double click on it, and it’ll open up.
However the free upgrade to Windows 10 won’t last you forever, Microsoft stated, they’ll make a public announcement when they’ll stop the free upgrade offer.
But before upgrading, please be sure to back up your computer in case something goes wrong. You can always do a system restore, and you’ll be fine.
How To Download Windows 10
1. Go to the download page and download the Media Creation Tool software
2. Now click accept the terms of services and click “Upgrade This PC Now.”
3. Windows will configure your computer and give you the required updates.
4. And then, follow the instructions along the way until you’ve seen the completed upgrade screen.
Once you’re done, Windows 10 should be running for you now. And be sure to check if Windows installation is activated. You can also use your Windows 7 or 8.1 serial number to enable it.
You can also take an alternative path of upgrading to Windows 10 by using your Windows 7 product key.
Using Your Windows 8 or Windows 7 Product Key To Get Windows 10 For Free
Another way you can install Windows 10 is to create an “installation media” instead.
1. Run Windows Media Creation
2. Select “Create installation media for another PC” then click next.
3. Have your USB drive connected. Select a drive and then click next.
4. It’ll begin to update your system.
During the installation process, be sure to have your Windows 7 or 8.1 key ready for you to enter.
Hopefully, this tutorial has helped you upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free.
If you have any other tips and tricks on how to get Windows 10 for free, please feel free to share in the comment below.