One of the most fantastic things about gaming these days is the flexibility and choice you have when it comes to hardware.
You can choose from a variety of consoles, but you can also pick and choose which controllers you want to use with them.
You may be wondering how to connect Xbox One controller to PC? Then you’re in the right place.
The Xbox One controller is a great controller that has many features.
In this article, we will be discussing how to connect the Xbox One controller to PC.
There are two ways to connect the Xbox controller to PC.
The first way is by using a USB cable. The second way is by using Bluetooth. We will be discussing both methods in this article.
Here are a few lists we’ll be covering:
- How to connect your Xbox One controller to a Windows PC
- How to connect your Xbox One controller wirelessly
- How to use an Xbox wireless controller on your PC
- How to troubleshoot connection issues with your Xbox One controller on PC
Update Controllers Firmware
The first thing you need to do is make sure that your Xbox One controller is updated with the latest firmware.
To do this, press the Menu button on the controller, and then select Settings > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories. If your controller needs an update, it will say “Update available” next to it.
Select Update and follow the on-screen instructions.
Once your controller is updated, you can connect it to your PC.
To do this, use the USB cable that came with your controller. Plug one end of the cable into the USB port on your controller, and plug the other end of the cable into a USB port on your PC.
The Xbox One controller will be automatically detected and installed.
How to set up an XBox One controller on a PC
If you’re a PC gamer, you may have noticed that some games just feel better when played with a controller.
While most PC games support mouse and keyboard controls, some genres are just more enjoyable with a gamepad in hand.
Fortunately, it’s easy to connect an Xbox One controller to a PC. Here’s how:
- Make sure your Xbox One controller has fresh batteries. If you’re using a wired controller, skip to step 3.
- On your PC, open up the Bluetooth settings panel. Click “Add Bluetooth or other device.”
- Select “Xbox Wireless Controller” from the list of devices.
- Press and hold the sync button on your controller until the light on
The XBox One controller is one of the most popular controllers on the market today.
It’s used by gamers all over the world for its comfortable design and great functionality.
If you want to use Bluetooth to connect your controller to PC, you first need to make sure that your PC has Bluetooth enabled.
To do this, press the Windows logo key + I to open the Settings window, and then select Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
If Bluetooth is enabled, it will say “On” next to “Bluetooth.”
To enable Bluetooth on your controller, press the Menu button, and then select Settings > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories. Select the controller that you want to connect to PC, and then select Bluetooth. Select Pair.
XBox One controller with Bluetooth support (available starting with the Xbox One S)
If you’re using an Xbox controller with Bluetooth support (available starting with the Xbox One S), you can connect your controller to a Windows 10 device without using a USB cable.
To do this, you’ll need to purchase a separate piece of hardware called the Bluetooth Dongle.
This is a small adapter that plugs into your computer’s USB port and allows it to communicate wirelessly with your controller.
Once you have the dongle, simply plug it into your PC and follow the instructions below:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to turn it on.
- Press and hold the pairing button on top of the controller until the Xbox button starts flashing. This means the controller is in pairing mode.
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your PC.
- Select Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth.
- Select Xbox Wireless Controller from the list of devices.
- Follow the prompts to complete the connection process.
And that’s it! Your controller should now be connected to your PC and ready to use.
Keep in mind that you’ll need to have batteries in your controller in order for it to connect wirelessly.
If you’re using an Xbox One Play and Charge Kit, the controller will draw power from the battery pack and won’t need AA batteries.
Connecting XBox One Controller to PC with USB Cable
To connect your XBox wireless controller to your PC with a USB cable, you’ll need the following:
XBox One control
USB cable for controllers (micro-USB)
PC running Windows 10 Anniversary Update or later
Here’s how to do it:
1. Plug the micro-USB end of the USB cable into the port on the back of the XBox controller.
2. Plug the other end of the USB cable into any USB port on your PC.
3. Once the controller is connected, you’ll see a small LED light on the top of the controller that will blink to indicate it’s connected.
4. Press the Xbox button on the controller to turn it on.
5. The controller will now be connected to your PC and ready to use.
You can also connect an XBox controller to your PC wirelessly by using a Wireless Adapter.
Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows
The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows lets you connect an Xbox controller to your PC. This allows you to play games on your computer with the same controller you use for your Xbox One. The adapter is a USB dongle that plugs into your computer, and you then pair the controller with it.
To set up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows:
1. Plug the Wireless Adapter for Windows into an open USB port on your computer.
2. On your XBox controller, press and hold the Bind button for three seconds.
3. Press the Sync button on the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
4. The lights on the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows will start flashing, and after a few seconds they will stay lit. This means the controller is connected wirelessly to the adapter.
5. You’re now ready to play games on your PC with your Xbox controller!
If you have any trouble connecting the controller to the adapter, make sure that the Bind button on the controller is not being held down. Also, try moving the adapter closer to the controller if it’s not working properly.
There are a few steps involved in this process, but it’s not too difficult.
First, make sure that your XBox controller is properly charged. Then, download and install the Xbox One Controller driver from Microsoft.
Once that’s done, simply plug your controller into your PC using a USB cable, and it should start working automatically.
Keep in Mind
There are a few things to keep in mind when using an XBox controller on your PC.
First, not all games will support the use of a controller – you may need to use a keyboard and mouse for some titles.
Second, the button layout on an XBox controller is slightly different than on a traditional gamepad, so you’ll need to get used to that before diving into any intense gaming sessions.
Once your controller is paired with your PC, you can use it to play games, browse the web, or do anything else that you would normally do with a controller.
Playing PC Games With An XBox One Controller
PC gamers, do you want to play your favorite PC games with a controller? If you have an Xbox One, you’re in luck. You can connect your Xbox controller to your PC and use it to play games. Here’s how:
1. Make sure your Xbox controller is powered on by pressing the Xbox button.
2. Connect the controller to your PC using a USB cable.
3. Windows will automatically install drivers for the controller, and you’ll be ready to go.
How to troubleshoot connection issues with your Xbox One controller on PC
If you’re having problems connecting your Xbox One controller to PC, don’t worry – we’re here to help. Below are a few tips to help troubleshoot any connection issues you may be experiencing.
First, make sure that your controller is properly connected to your PC. The USB cable should be firmly plugged into both the controller and the PC. If you’re using a wireless controller, make sure that it’s properly synced with your PC.
If your controller is still not working properly, try reinstalling the drivers for your Xbox One controller. You can download the latest drivers from Microsoft’s website.
If you’re still having problems connecting your Xbox One controller to PC, try updating your firmware. You can find the latest firmware updates on Microsoft’s website.
Hopefully, these tips have helped you connect your Xbox One controller to PC. If you’re still having problems, please don’t hesitate to contact Microsoft’s customer support for further assistance.
Thoughts and Conclusion
So there you have it! How to Connect XBox One Controller to PC.
It’s not difficult at all, and just requires a little bit of time and effort. By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you can be gaming with your favorite controller in no time.
And if you have any questions or run into any problems while trying to connect your controller, don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
There are plenty of people online who are happy to share their expertise and help you get up and running with your new controller. Thanks for reading, and have fun gaming!